Life is a highway

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

You only get one...

I have been searching for something to write about for a while now, if you couldn't tell, but all i have been thinking about is how i just want to get out and live life!

My parents are in china on a cruise, a friend of mine is in Vegas and just got back from Florida, my other friend is going to Israel for 6+ months, and I.... am going to Vancouver? I admit that I do a lot more then most people. School in Toronto, internship in Vancouver, live in Calgary, and the many trips that i have had the privilege of going on in the past... but I feel like its not enough! I don't want to work and I don't want to go to school, I just want to travel the world! I want to lay on a beach in Hawaii for a week before flying off to cruise the markets in Beijing. I want to take a picture of all the people 'leaning' against the leaning tower of Pisa from afar, to get a facial with Mud from the red sea... IN THE RED SEA! Hike the stairs of El Castillo (or at least around the base since the stairs have now been closed for preservation), run across the street to get to the Colosseum (across the most dangerous intersection in the world; no insurance company will cover if you are in an accident there), eat french bread in France and pasta in Italy. Go shopping on Madison Avenue and hale a cab in downtown New York City by whistling and waiving my hand.

There are so many things to do in this world and what am I doing? Sitting in my living room writing a blog about them rather then DOING them.

But alas... in order to do these things... one needs money. And how do you get money? Work... and how do you work? School... So i suppose I could look at this as my path to the future... A future that will hopefully start very soon so i can sink my toes into the sand at Waikiki beach or overuse the 'nighttime lights' setting on my camera while walking down the strip in Vegas. But all of this after, and only after, I head to Thailand to volunteer and donate to an Elephant Orphanage and contribute at least 2 weeks of my time helping someone that truly needs it.. and the elephants are those that do.

In order to keep my sanity I suppose I shall think of it that way. Right now I am living life up in my home town before I head off to explore the world, to live this one life with as much enthusiasm and experience as possible by a single human being, by truly... LIVING.

No comments:

Post a Comment